- Riding in Patagonia isn't for everyone due to the riding challenges, but Hayden Dyer made it happen, and we're so glad he enjoyed his "Self-Guided Fly & Ride The Patagonia Experience" trip!
This trip certainly exceeded my expectations - so I am very happy indeed. From my experience as a participant & sometimes as an organiser, on many motorcycle, mountain biking & road cycling, golfing tours - I offer the following:
- Bruce Ravenhill from South Africa flew over to Chile with a few friends for our Fully Guided "The Best of Northern Patagonia" motorcycle trip package. Bruce also has long experience organizing trips like this, so we appreciate such positive feedback from a fellow Guide!
"I had the adventure of a lifetime riding the Best of Northern Patagonia on the BMW F800GS. The riding and the scenery were unlike anything I've experienced before (plenty of volcanoes). The locals we ran into on the trip from Chile and Argentina were some of the friendliest people I've ever met. The hotel accommodations were a wide range from lavish to basic but were always clean and adequate. We were looking for a dual sport ride and got a great mix of dirt/gravel and paved roads. Truly a trip I'll remember for the rest of my life."
- Travis Rymon is reporting back to us with good words about the "Self-Guided Fly & Ride The Best of Northern Patagonia" motorcycle trip he just enjoyed with his father. Glad you guys now see what it is we've been raving about!
"Hey Eric, I wanted to tell you thank you for everything. We had a great time in Patagonia and everything went as planned thanks to your help.
- Ilay Avnin from Canada and his friend, Adam, were able to ride from Pucon to Punta Arenas, reporting back with a great experience overall! The route they chose is explained in the Self-Guided Fly & Ride the Patagonia Experience package.
"Thanks for following up Eric. It was an incredible experience and the direction I received prior to the trip from yourself and Ulli was spot on. The times I got lost or wandered off the path were very much welcomed as it added to the experience. I was alone for 100% off the riding, but never lonely. I can best describe the experience with the video I put together. Please see below link: https://www.youtube.com/
- Although the service we provided Jordan was for a Kawasaki KLR 650 rental in Patagonia, he also found out on his trip that riding gear serves as snow gear for snow-tubing near Pucón! Glad you enjoyed, Jordan.
"Eric/Cory/Christine, just to let you know I had an awesome trip, the route is super and the bike was great, absolutely no issues. The weather was also absolutely perfect. I attached some photos, it's hard for me to tell on my phone but I think some of the panos are super cool. Thanks for all your assistance in getting everything set up!!! Everyone should do this trip, it truly did have everything you could want in 9-10 days, really cool scenery and terrain, and enough challenge to keep you on your toes. Thanks again!"
- Photograph and comments by Andrew Birkmire from the U.S. after his riding experience with one of our motorcycle rentals in Bolivia. Andrew was kind enough to share a handful of photos, but we chose this one as it shows some of the raw 'simplicity' of life that we encounter when exploring the most remote areas of this beautiful country in the Andes Mountains!
"I'd like to thank the RIDE Adventures Team for their excellent service in making our self guided trip of Northern Patagonia the trip of a lifetime! I had promised my Son a trip as a reward for his college graduation, five years later our schedules finally lined up and we found RIDE Adventures. Even though it was short notice the planning was seamless. Arriving in Chile (Pucon) our bikes were in perfect condition, well equipped freshly serviced and ready for our adventure. The trip book was thorough and after a route briefing any concerns we had were dispelled.
- Brad Michael came up with an incredible graduation gift idea for his son David. Our Self-Guided, Fly & Ride The Best of Northern Patagonia motorcycle trip package sure qualifies as one of the best gifts a recent Grad could receive!
"Bolivia and the route that Cory took us on is really “cool” in terms of an adventure motorcycle outing. It is certainly more technical than what I would imagine many GS1200 destinations are and that alone makes it special for more advanced riding. It is also certainly not a 2 up tour. In fact I found that riding it faster was safer than riding slower, as your concentration levels remain high; but doesn’t give you much sightseeing value, unless you stop. We generally wanted to ride bikes and not look at pretty scenery on a bike, thus it suited us.
Destinations, accommodation, meals and general operations was in my opinion, above average. Motorcycles worked well and all issues we had were dealt with effectively… Obviously a backup vehicle and spare bike is a great bonus. I would highly recommend Cory and this operation in Bolivia to anyone looking for an unforgettable adventure experience."
- Ricky Dos Santos from the British Virgin Islands and some riding buddeies had a Private Group Motorcycle Tour of Bolivia, which as we can see turned out to be a great riding experience!
"Yeah it was a pretty fantastic trip.
So I had 4 days and it probably should have been 5 days. Had some difficult weather so was unable to do as much dirt road riding as I would have liked but that could not be helped. One ride we had on my third day was fantastic. We rode with a local guy who knew the forest roads well and he took us to some places very much off the beaten path. Basically waterfalls that no bus full of tourists would ever see! That day included miles and miles of twisty mountain goodness, dirt roads in wide open spaces unlike anything I have ever seen, a family of baboons crossing the road(!), plus incredible sights along the Blyde River Canyon. Just a great day that I'll remember for a very long time.
- Damon Bourne from Wisconsin in the U.S. had a unique schedule, and asked us to create a Private Guided Motorcycle Tour in South Africa. Looks like we got it right, thanks for the note, Damon!
"I simply loved our Bolivia 2016 trip. Bolivia is a very poor country but the people are friendly, the hotels were clean and the food good and very cheap. And, most importantly, the riding was excellent and exactly what we wanted to experience – a technical demanding ride over rough dirt backroads through lots of mountain passes. Cory is very professional and well organized. He soon warmed to our peculiar sense of humor and we really had a good time. I would definitely do this trip again in future."
- Paulo Santana from the British Virgin Islands requested a Private Group Motorcycle Tour of Bolivia, and all indications are that he got what he was hoping for. Thanks, Paulo!
"We did a self guided Best of North Patagonia tour early October and we loved it! One of the reasons we chose Rideadv is because we found their website to be very clear, easy to use and they offer exactly what we were looking for. Throughout the whole booking process Rideadv has been very clear and responsive. They provided additional practical advice about flights etc. We did some last minute changes to the reservation without any problem. They are really client focused. The bikes we got from Ulli were in perfect shape. He made sure we could find his place, the bikes were all ready when we got there, he had ample choice of bags, cases, straps etc. Last but not least he provided perfects maps with some very useful tips about the route, which roads were blocked (due the weather), where to eat/stay etc. The one issue we had underway (rear tyre flat/to be replaced) he guided us to a perfect BMW shop in Osorno and this was all fixed in less than an hour. We would certainly use Rideadv again!!"
- A Self-Guided, Fly & Ride The Best of Northern Patagonia motorcycle trip package worked out really well for Daan Teeuwissen and his friends from The Netherlands. Glad you enjoyed, Daan, and come back for more! Still lots of Patagonia still undiscovered.
"My brother and I did the Best of Northern Patagonia route and it was, simply, the trip of a lifetime. The team always supported us, super-friendly and enthusiastic - an all round 10/10 experience. Thank you Andres! Thank you Eric!"
- Joshua Gibson from South Africa wrote some much-appreciated words about his motorcycle trip. Looks again like we got their Self-Guided, Fly & Ride The Best of Northern Patagonia adventure riding package just right. Glad you enjoyed, Josh, and there's more of Patagonia and the Andes still yet to see!
RA: Was it easy to reserve and plan your trip through RIDE Adventures? - Sean: "Yes 10/10"
RA: Did you find convenience in contacting us instead of having to deal with international phone calls different time zones, or other booking uncertainty? - Sean: "Yes 10/10"
RA: Is there anything else you can say about how we're doing? - Sean: "RIDE Adventures, glad I found you, you are awesome."
- Sean Gibson from South Africa had some thoughts to share on our post-trip follow-up. Looks like we got his Self-Guided, Fly & Ride The Best of Northern Patagonia adventure riding package just right. Glad you enjoyed, Sean!
- Valérie Julie Brousseau from Canada sent another smile across our faces when we saw this note about her motorcycle trip experience in Peru. We are so glad you enjoyed, Val!
- Priscilla De Castro from New Jersey commenting on her 30th birthday celebration trip ... a motorcycle rental package in Bolivia! So glad you enjoyed, Priscilla. Nice rest stop photo from the Salar de Uyuni.
"Wow! Wow! WOW!!!
The three principal environments in Peru are coastal desert, high mountains (and here I mean HIGH, as in really, really HUGE!), and jungle. But there is also everything in between from pine forests at 2000m to the incredible expanses of golden Pampas grasses on the "Altiplano", way above the tree line, starting at 3,000m and up for there. Our highest point was 4,900m, and still we were dwarfed by the giant peaks all around. Amazing is too weak a word for it. AWESOME is often a word that is over-used. This was truly that.
- Rory Aitken from the U.K. after clearly enjoying his exploration of Peru on one of our BMW R1200GS rentals. With sentiments like this, perhaps more people will finally venture into the Andes Mountains of Peru on one of our motorcycle rentals!
-This was by Kyle Tindale from Canada after he and his friend, Cody, enjoyed a Self-Guided "Fly & Ride The Patagonia Experience" on BMW F700GS and Kawasaki KLR 650 motorcycle rental we provided
-Simon Blooomhill, CEO, Hit The Road Travel - Simon is a key partner and enabler in the making of our "Southern Africa Experience" Guided Motorcycle Tour package, and it has been a pleasure working with him!
- Mark Larson from Arizona in the U.S. after he and his wife, Melanie enjoyed exploring Peru on one of our BMW R1200GS rentals. Mark had done Patagonia a few years ago with us, and appears to be "conquering Lost Andes!"
"I had made a spontaneous decision to experience Patagonia on a motorbike last Christmas. I really had no idea what I was getting myself into and had only 2 years of riding experience--most of which was on pavement. Eric at RIDE Adventures took the time to answer all my questions before I was even fully committed. I expressed my concerns about riding alone and having little off-road experience. Eric was very organized, friendly, knowledgeable and I had no qualms at all during the reservation and payment process; This is important when you are forking out thousands of dollars. He kept good notes on the invoices and documented everything via written communication.
On the ground, I was able to pick up the BMW F700GS without any issues. Everything was handled in English and I was on the road very quickly. I put over 3,000 miles on the bike with zero issues other than having to oil the chain a few times (bring some chain lube it’s very expensive in Patagonia). The bike came with all the tools you would ever need for basic maintenance and road-side repairs. Luckily, I didn’t have so much as a flat tire and the bike was already well-maintained. I did have one low-speed crash and dented one of the panniers a bit. I was charged a reasonable price for the damage when I returned the bike. Ulli, the fleet manager near Pucon, was just as helpful, friendly and knowledgeable as Eric. Every time I called him, he answered. I never felt like I’d be unsupported in an emergency.
-Written by Roger Keyes from Kansas City, U.S.A. after his motorcycle rental package in Patagonia for riding through Chile and Argentina. Roger enjoyed the BMW F700GS so much, he came home and bought one!