- The spirit of solo motorcycle travel led Jake Szympruch from Oregon to Patagonia, and his Patagonia Motorcycle Rental Package sounds like it was the right choice. Jake, for that, we are glad you enjoyed! See you around Oregon :)
- Thijs and Tim had some perfect timing weatherwise for their Motorcycle Rentals in Patagonia. This time of year, weather is 90% "good" along the Carretera Austral and Ruta 40, but still, sometimes clouds and rain can obscure the sites inside Torres del Paine National Park. Glad you guys got the "good stuff!"
- Moments and photos like this one from Bastian Guenther are a treasured part of any "Self-Guided Fly & Ride The Patagonia Experience" trip on our BMW GS rentals. We're just glad you finished this tough ride safely, Bastian. Knew very well that Patagonia would make the trip an excellent one for you.
- There should be more room on these testimonials for photos! Jeff Yates captured some incredible shots on his Self-Guided "Fly & Ride Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego & Ushuaia!" motorcycle trip, and left us wanting more. Great mix of clouds and sun in Torres del Paine National Park. Glad you enjoyed, Jeff!
- Great photo, Mike and Kathy! The Bradfords had some great weather on their Self-Guided "Fly & Ride Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego & Ushuaia!" motorcycle trip, even for important moments like this one in front of Los Cuernos (The Horns) of Torres del Paine National Park, along side of Lago Pehoe.
- Dominic Ginder and his father, Bob, made excellent use of 16 days of riding time with their Motorcycle Rentals in Patagonia. Dominic, you're correct as well about future plans for Croatia. So much to explore by motorcycle!
"Eric, Made it to Punta Arenas yesterday. Awesome trip! I do have to admit it was tough and some OJT was required on the gravel portions but I am much more skilled now. Never dropped the bike once! Guess 60 year old guys can recall dirt bike skills from 40 years ago LOL. Wind riding was tiring but nothing Harley riders are experienced at. Very rewarding trip to say the least. Thanks for all your help and by the way, the African Twin is an amazing bike. I had never ridden an adventure bike before but the Honda did everything I needed it to do and will be my choice for purchase.
- Now that's a celebration photo! Larry, Tim, and Ron finished their Self-Guided "Fly & Ride Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego & Ushuaia!" motorcycle trip in Punta Arenas, and took this excellent shot overlooking the Straight of Magellan, just across from Tierra del Fuego. Congrats on the safe finish, guys, and thanks for sharing!
- Every rider has their own riding style, and a "Self-Guided Fly & Ride Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego & Ushuaia!" package worked out well for Leslie Donelson and his friend, Bret. As noted though, the only thing that would have made the trip better would probably be some more time in northern Patagonia! Hey, at least you guys experienced what so many have yet to.
- Even when plans changed, Henry Van Klaveren and his cousin Gertjan were still able to enjoy a "Self-Guided Fly & Ride The Patagonia Experience" trip! Glad you finished safely and with smiles, guys.
- Riding in Patagonia isn't for everyone due to the riding challenges, but Hayden Dyer made it happen, and we're so glad he enjoyed his "Self-Guided Fly & Ride The Patagonia Experience" trip!
This trip certainly exceeded my expectations - so I am very happy indeed. From my experience as a participant & sometimes as an organiser, on many motorcycle, mountain biking & road cycling, golfing tours - I offer the following:
- Bruce Ravenhill from South Africa flew over to Chile with a few friends for our Fully Guided "The Best of Northern Patagonia" motorcycle trip package. Bruce also has long experience organizing trips like this, so we appreciate such positive feedback from a fellow Guide!
"I had the adventure of a lifetime riding the Best of Northern Patagonia on the BMW F800GS. The riding and the scenery were unlike anything I've experienced before (plenty of volcanoes). The locals we ran into on the trip from Chile and Argentina were some of the friendliest people I've ever met. The hotel accommodations were a wide range from lavish to basic but were always clean and adequate. We were looking for a dual sport ride and got a great mix of dirt/gravel and paved roads. Truly a trip I'll remember for the rest of my life."
- Travis Rymon is reporting back to us with good words about the "Self-Guided Fly & Ride The Best of Northern Patagonia" motorcycle trip he just enjoyed with his father. Glad you guys now see what it is we've been raving about!
"Hey Eric, I wanted to tell you thank you for everything. We had a great time in Patagonia and everything went as planned thanks to your help.
- Ilay Avnin from Canada and his friend, Adam, were able to ride from Pucon to Punta Arenas, reporting back with a great experience overall! The route they chose is explained in the Self-Guided Fly & Ride the Patagonia Experience package.
"Thanks for following up Eric. It was an incredible experience and the direction I received prior to the trip from yourself and Ulli was spot on. The times I got lost or wandered off the path were very much welcomed as it added to the experience. I was alone for 100% off the riding, but never lonely. I can best describe the experience with the video I put together. Please see below link: https://www.youtube.com/
- Although the service we provided Jordan was for a Kawasaki KLR 650 rental in Patagonia, he also found out on his trip that riding gear serves as snow gear for snow-tubing near Pucón! Glad you enjoyed, Jordan.
"Eric/Cory/Christine, just to let you know I had an awesome trip, the route is super and the bike was great, absolutely no issues. The weather was also absolutely perfect. I attached some photos, it's hard for me to tell on my phone but I think some of the panos are super cool. Thanks for all your assistance in getting everything set up!!! Everyone should do this trip, it truly did have everything you could want in 9-10 days, really cool scenery and terrain, and enough challenge to keep you on your toes. Thanks again!"
- Photograph and comments by Andrew Birkmire from the U.S. after his riding experience with one of our motorcycle rentals in Bolivia. Andrew was kind enough to share a handful of photos, but we chose this one as it shows some of the raw 'simplicity' of life that we encounter when exploring the most remote areas of this beautiful country in the Andes Mountains!
"I'd like to thank the RIDE Adventures Team for their excellent service in making our self guided trip of Northern Patagonia the trip of a lifetime! I had promised my Son a trip as a reward for his college graduation, five years later our schedules finally lined up and we found RIDE Adventures. Even though it was short notice the planning was seamless. Arriving in Chile (Pucon) our bikes were in perfect condition, well equipped freshly serviced and ready for our adventure. The trip book was thorough and after a route briefing any concerns we had were dispelled.
- Brad Michael came up with an incredible graduation gift idea for his son David. Our Self-Guided, Fly & Ride The Best of Northern Patagonia motorcycle trip package sure qualifies as one of the best gifts a recent Grad could receive!
"Bolivia and the route that Cory took us on is really “cool” in terms of an adventure motorcycle outing. It is certainly more technical than what I would imagine many GS1200 destinations are and that alone makes it special for more advanced riding. It is also certainly not a 2 up tour. In fact I found that riding it faster was safer than riding slower, as your concentration levels remain high; but doesn’t give you much sightseeing value, unless you stop. We generally wanted to ride bikes and not look at pretty scenery on a bike, thus it suited us.
Destinations, accommodation, meals and general operations was in my opinion, above average. Motorcycles worked well and all issues we had were dealt with effectively… Obviously a backup vehicle and spare bike is a great bonus. I would highly recommend Cory and this operation in Bolivia to anyone looking for an unforgettable adventure experience."
- Ricky Dos Santos from the British Virgin Islands and some riding buddeies had a Private Group Motorcycle Tour of Bolivia, which as we can see turned out to be a great riding experience!
"Yeah it was a pretty fantastic trip.
So I had 4 days and it probably should have been 5 days. Had some difficult weather so was unable to do as much dirt road riding as I would have liked but that could not be helped. One ride we had on my third day was fantastic. We rode with a local guy who knew the forest roads well and he took us to some places very much off the beaten path. Basically waterfalls that no bus full of tourists would ever see! That day included miles and miles of twisty mountain goodness, dirt roads in wide open spaces unlike anything I have ever seen, a family of baboons crossing the road(!), plus incredible sights along the Blyde River Canyon. Just a great day that I'll remember for a very long time.
- Damon Bourne from Wisconsin in the U.S. had a unique schedule, and asked us to create a Private Guided Motorcycle Tour in South Africa. Looks like we got it right, thanks for the note, Damon!
"I simply loved our Bolivia 2016 trip. Bolivia is a very poor country but the people are friendly, the hotels were clean and the food good and very cheap. And, most importantly, the riding was excellent and exactly what we wanted to experience – a technical demanding ride over rough dirt backroads through lots of mountain passes. Cory is very professional and well organized. He soon warmed to our peculiar sense of humor and we really had a good time. I would definitely do this trip again in future."
- Paulo Santana from the British Virgin Islands requested a Private Group Motorcycle Tour of Bolivia, and all indications are that he got what he was hoping for. Thanks, Paulo!
"We did a self guided Best of North Patagonia tour early October and we loved it! One of the reasons we chose Rideadv is because we found their website to be very clear, easy to use and they offer exactly what we were looking for. Throughout the whole booking process Rideadv has been very clear and responsive. They provided additional practical advice about flights etc. We did some last minute changes to the reservation without any problem. They are really client focused. The bikes we got from Ulli were in perfect shape. He made sure we could find his place, the bikes were all ready when we got there, he had ample choice of bags, cases, straps etc. Last but not least he provided perfects maps with some very useful tips about the route, which roads were blocked (due the weather), where to eat/stay etc. The one issue we had underway (rear tyre flat/to be replaced) he guided us to a perfect BMW shop in Osorno and this was all fixed in less than an hour. We would certainly use Rideadv again!!"
- A Self-Guided, Fly & Ride The Best of Northern Patagonia motorcycle trip package worked out really well for Daan Teeuwissen and his friends from The Netherlands. Glad you enjoyed, Daan, and come back for more! Still lots of Patagonia still undiscovered.