"Yeah it was a pretty fantastic trip.
So I had 4 days and it probably should have been 5 days. Had some difficult weather so was unable to do as much dirt road riding as I would have liked but that could not be helped. One ride we had on my third day was fantastic. We rode with a local guy who knew the forest roads well and he took us to some places very much off the beaten path. Basically waterfalls that no bus full of tourists would ever see! That day included miles and miles of twisty mountain goodness, dirt roads in wide open spaces unlike anything I have ever seen, a family of baboons crossing the road(!), plus incredible sights along the Blyde River Canyon. Just a great day that I'll remember for a very long time.
- Damon Bourne from Wisconsin in the U.S. had a unique schedule, and asked us to create a Private Guided Motorcycle Tour in South Africa. Looks like we got it right, thanks for the note, Damon!
"I simply loved our Bolivia 2016 trip. Bolivia is a very poor country but the people are friendly, the hotels were clean and the food good and very cheap. And, most importantly, the riding was excellent and exactly what we wanted to experience – a technical demanding ride over rough dirt backroads through lots of mountain passes. Cory is very professional and well organized. He soon warmed to our peculiar sense of humor and we really had a good time. I would definitely do this trip again in future."
- Paulo Santana from the British Virgin Islands requested a Private Group Motorcycle Tour of Bolivia, and all indications are that he got what he was hoping for. Thanks, Paulo!
"We did a self guided Best of North Patagonia tour early October and we loved it! One of the reasons we chose Rideadv is because we found their website to be very clear, easy to use and they offer exactly what we were looking for. Throughout the whole booking process Rideadv has been very clear and responsive. They provided additional practical advice about flights etc. We did some last minute changes to the reservation without any problem. They are really client focused. The bikes we got from Ulli were in perfect shape. He made sure we could find his place, the bikes were all ready when we got there, he had ample choice of bags, cases, straps etc. Last but not least he provided perfects maps with some very useful tips about the route, which roads were blocked (due the weather), where to eat/stay etc. The one issue we had underway (rear tyre flat/to be replaced) he guided us to a perfect BMW shop in Osorno and this was all fixed in less than an hour. We would certainly use Rideadv again!!"
- A Self-Guided, Fly & Ride The Best of Northern Patagonia motorcycle trip package worked out really well for Daan Teeuwissen and his friends from The Netherlands. Glad you enjoyed, Daan, and come back for more! Still lots of Patagonia still undiscovered.
"My brother and I did the Best of Northern Patagonia route and it was, simply, the trip of a lifetime. The team always supported us, super-friendly and enthusiastic - an all round 10/10 experience. Thank you Andres! Thank you Eric!"
- Joshua Gibson from South Africa wrote some much-appreciated words about his motorcycle trip. Looks again like we got their Self-Guided, Fly & Ride The Best of Northern Patagonia adventure riding package just right. Glad you enjoyed, Josh, and there's more of Patagonia and the Andes still yet to see!
RA: Was it easy to reserve and plan your trip through RIDE Adventures? - Sean: "Yes 10/10"
RA: Did you find convenience in contacting us instead of having to deal with international phone calls different time zones, or other booking uncertainty? - Sean: "Yes 10/10"
RA: Is there anything else you can say about how we're doing? - Sean: "RIDE Adventures, glad I found you, you are awesome."
- Sean Gibson from South Africa had some thoughts to share on our post-trip follow-up. Looks like we got his Self-Guided, Fly & Ride The Best of Northern Patagonia adventure riding package just right. Glad you enjoyed, Sean!
- Valérie Julie Brousseau from Canada sent another smile across our faces when we saw this note about her motorcycle trip experience in Peru. We are so glad you enjoyed, Val!
- Priscilla De Castro from New Jersey commenting on her 30th birthday celebration trip ... a motorcycle rental package in Bolivia! So glad you enjoyed, Priscilla. Nice rest stop photo from the Salar de Uyuni.
"Wow! Wow! WOW!!!
The three principal environments in Peru are coastal desert, high mountains (and here I mean HIGH, as in really, really HUGE!), and jungle. But there is also everything in between from pine forests at 2000m to the incredible expanses of golden Pampas grasses on the "Altiplano", way above the tree line, starting at 3,000m and up for there. Our highest point was 4,900m, and still we were dwarfed by the giant peaks all around. Amazing is too weak a word for it. AWESOME is often a word that is over-used. This was truly that.
- Rory Aitken from the U.K. after clearly enjoying his exploration of Peru on one of our BMW R1200GS rentals. With sentiments like this, perhaps more people will finally venture into the Andes Mountains of Peru on one of our motorcycle rentals!
-This was by Kyle Tindale from Canada after he and his friend, Cody, enjoyed a Self-Guided "Fly & Ride The Patagonia Experience" on BMW F700GS and Kawasaki KLR 650 motorcycle rental we provided
-Simon Blooomhill, CEO, Hit The Road Travel - Simon is a key partner and enabler in the making of our "Southern Africa Experience" Guided Motorcycle Tour package, and it has been a pleasure working with him!
- Mark Larson from Arizona in the U.S. after he and his wife, Melanie enjoyed exploring Peru on one of our BMW R1200GS rentals. Mark had done Patagonia a few years ago with us, and appears to be "conquering Lost Andes!"
"I had made a spontaneous decision to experience Patagonia on a motorbike last Christmas. I really had no idea what I was getting myself into and had only 2 years of riding experience--most of which was on pavement. Eric at RIDE Adventures took the time to answer all my questions before I was even fully committed. I expressed my concerns about riding alone and having little off-road experience. Eric was very organized, friendly, knowledgeable and I had no qualms at all during the reservation and payment process; This is important when you are forking out thousands of dollars. He kept good notes on the invoices and documented everything via written communication.
On the ground, I was able to pick up the BMW F700GS without any issues. Everything was handled in English and I was on the road very quickly. I put over 3,000 miles on the bike with zero issues other than having to oil the chain a few times (bring some chain lube it’s very expensive in Patagonia). The bike came with all the tools you would ever need for basic maintenance and road-side repairs. Luckily, I didn’t have so much as a flat tire and the bike was already well-maintained. I did have one low-speed crash and dented one of the panniers a bit. I was charged a reasonable price for the damage when I returned the bike. Ulli, the fleet manager near Pucon, was just as helpful, friendly and knowledgeable as Eric. Every time I called him, he answered. I never felt like I’d be unsupported in an emergency.
-Written by Roger Keyes from Kansas City, U.S.A. after his motorcycle rental package in Patagonia for riding through Chile and Argentina. Roger enjoyed the BMW F700GS so much, he came home and bought one!
"Everything has been already said about our chile trip by Rob and Jake. They are spot on, and I can only fall in line with Rob and Jake's praises. We not only enjoyed we a perfect travel itinery but also a product, which will be difficult to match or find anywhere else out there.
In addition, we just had the right constellation of people, led by Andres. To keep it short and sweet, he has all the right attributes a guide should have. Reliable, dedicated, knowledgable and caring. I enjoyed myself very much. Thank you Andres.
RIDE Adventures, I shall certainly use your services again. Please stay in contact and keep me updated and thank you for your overall speedy and professional correspondance."
"In a word, amazing!!!
The trip exceeded any possible expectations I might have thought I had. From the snow covered mountains to the emerald blue rivers, driving rain, cross winds, sunshine, dirt, dust, mud, pavement and cold, pretty much all in one day, it was truly an adventure i will never forget. Every part made even better by Ulli and Andres. Both of them went way above and beyond the entire trip to make sure we never had to worry about a single thing. There is a massive amount of logistics on a trip like this and both of them made it so all we had to do was enjoy the riding. A+++ for both of them. Apart from the riding, the fly fishing was perhaps the best fishing i have ever had the opportunity to do. I live on a premium fishing river in Washington but the fishing down there was way beyond anything i have ever gotten to do.
The hotels were perfect, I enjoyed very much both the mom and pop places we stayed as well as the high end resorts. Great food and the other people we met on the trip will be friends for life. We were all talking at the end of the trip that we should all try and get the band together to do another one in a year or two."
I loved every single moment of this trip! Almost didn't realize I was the only girl of the group hehe (Actually I had never drink so much beer in my life!). I don't know if all groups are this fun but we certainly got a good one!
Ulli and Andres thanks for all your efforts! Company in the truck was great! I would only suggest to make more propaganda on the web page that wife's can ride on the truck! ;) But this tour is definitely Top!!"