"We just returned last night from Rio de Janeiro where we spent the last week of our vacation. Our motorcycle trip was an incredible adventure. I have learned that riding on gravel can have many different meanings. Just when I thought I was getting really good at that, I had an intimate experience with an Argentinian ripio !
- Hal and Natasa from Canada booked well in advance for their motorcycle rental on a Self-Guided journey through Patagonia. Even a simple flat tire becomes a story and fond memory on these adventures, and we raise a glass of Chilean Carménère to you both!
"Was the trip of a life time mate, still tell the story when I said to you about taking the aluminium cases of and first thing you said, was yeah less stuff stuff to break haha.
- Ross Huxford from New Zealand was able to ride some of The Best of Northern Patagonia on a BMW F800GS in 2017, and a had sampling of what lies ahead when he returns with friends and rides further south. Come on back, Ross, Patagonia awaits you all!
"We sincerely enjoyed our ride. The whole countryside is awesome and we experienced plenty of exhaling moments. From the safari rides to the dune climbing , driving on never ending dirt roads.... it was a blast. Our guides were knowledgeable and quite pleasant. It was well organized and an easy to follow self guided tour. The roads were well selected and the day offs well deserved.
- Robert Bouchard from Canada and friends who had coordinated trips with RIDE Adventures previously decided southern Africa would make for a better winter getaway this time. Fortunately, our Self-Guided Fly & RIDE The Southern Africa Experience package with the BMW GS rentals included was the type of expedition they were looking for!
"If you’re considering to rent through RIDE Adventures – do it! We rented an F700GS in Chile back in November and had the best experience from beginning to end – everyone we talked to was so helpful and answered to our questions in a very short time. Before our trip Eric was very helpful with every question we had and made us feel really great about everything. When we got to the rental place outside Pucon we were met by Ulli, who took his time to get us started with the bike and gave us all the necessary information about both the bike, the different route options, border crossing and so on. The bike was great for our 2-up ride and worked perfectly without any problems. Ulli had even considered giving us a bike that was a bit better geared for riding 2-up – a more comfy back seat and larger side cases, which we really appreciated. All in all, it was an excellent experience renting through the RIDE Adventures :)"
- Casper and Sarah from Denmark set up a Self-Guided "Fly & RIDE The Best of Northern Patagonia!" adventure with us, and apparently enjoyed what they discovered. Glad for it, Casper, so come on back for more riding in the Andes sometime : )
"I wanted to give you some feedback regarding the recent trip for Reg, John, Rob and myself. AWESOME! Simply put, we had a great time. The riding conditions and suggested routes/stops were excellent. Most impressive was the "above and beyond" service provided when we had a bike catastrophically fail on the road and had to abandon it. We truly were impressed with the speed to get us a new one and the extra efforts taken. Thank you. I've attached a couple of photos for you."
-Mike Reynolds and his buddies waited a long time to experience Patagonia, and despite a rare rear wheel bearing failure, they were able to complete their Self-Guided "Fly & RIDE The Best of Northern Patagonia!" adventure without missing any of this incredible route! (Well, just about 20km cause of the bearing. We even impressed ourselves :)
"Just finished the Machu Picchu express tour. The tour was absolutely brilliant! It was very well organised, driving was fantastic. Food and accommodation great ! I will be recommending to my friends when I get home! Thanks very much! - Patrick Fives"
-Patrick and another group of Riders all enjoyed what the Andes Mountains of Peru had in store for them on the Machu Picchu Express Guided Group Motorcycle Tour. Patrick, if this just razzled up some curiosity about what the rest of the Andes may be like, please keep us in mind!
"Thank you once again for setting up our wonderful bike ride down through Southern Africa. It really was a fantastic experience that none of us shall forget. We got to see places way off the beaten track that, without your help, we would have never seen. If I'm lucky enough to visit Africa again, I'll be sure to get in touch with you and RIDE Adventures. Thanks again, mate."
-Sounds like Jason and his group had a fantastic RIDE on their custom, self-guided motorcycle trip in Africa, and we couldn't be happier that they had such an enjoyable, successful journey. We look forward to seeing you again for more adventures!
"It was the trip of a lifetime! I had to pinch myself several times to make sure I wasn’t dreaming. I think the highlight was the Uyuni Salt Flats, surreal landscape. My favorite place we stayed had no electricity or hot water in La Higuera Bolivia but I give it a five star! Just riding through the small villages of Peru and Bolivia was great. Looking forward to another trip."
-That's the Adventure Riding spirit we love and hope to bring out of more Riders! Karl Arceneaux's Andes & Altiplano Guided Group Tour was clearly a success, and a real Adventure Rider understands that sometimes "things don't work" in places like Bolivia. We make the best of each situation, and have fun with the memories on all of these trips. So glad you enjoyed, Karl!
- Lyonel relied on us for a motorcycle tour through Peru not long ago, but this time he got to explore the Balkans of Europe with a BMW GS rental we provided. Glad you enjoyed, Lyonel!
- Ron Cutter and a great group of fun Riders all enjoyed a beautiful autumn weekend in Wisconsin riding the Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail route with Chad Berger, designer of the route. So glad you enjoyed, Ron. We do, too ... every year!
- Mary Jo Ford, along with her husband and daughter from California enjoyed a customized version of our Self-Guided "RIDE the 3 Corners" adventure riding package. This photo overlooking the Salar de Uyuni from Fisher Island, what a place to RIDE!
- John and Jane from New Zealand tackled the Altiplano and Atacama region of the Andes Mountains with our Self-Guided "RIDE the 3 Corners" adventure riding package. The picture helps realize just how clear, crisp, and vivid the colors and textures of this region are. So fantastic for photography, and riding!
- Todd Thorsell and his buddy Roger clearly enjoyed themselves in Peru, taking this photo near the Colca Canyon on our Guided Group "Machu Picchu Express" motorcycle tour. Glad you enjoyed, guys!
- Matthew Miller experienced some of the very best riding Europe has to offer on our "Alps Moto Explorer" Guided Group Motorcycle Tour. So glad you enjoyed, Matthew, and we know others will, too : )
- Mike Bradford from the Lake Tahoe area wrote back in response to a recent eNewsletter, still feeling the effects that Patagonia has on adventure riders. That's why we love what we do at RIDE Adventures, so thanks for the note, Mike! The Bradfords clearly enjoyed the "Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego & Ushuaia!" route.
"After two days in Paris detoxing from such an adrenaline rush from your tour I returned to the States Sunday evening. I want to thank you for everything as it surpassed my wildest dreams in regards to the roads traveled, the sights, food, accommodations and organization."
- Bill Currie from the U.S. got to RIDE the Balkans motorcycle trip through Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovinia, & Montenegro, and through some snow-lined roads! This is pretty normal for the May dates that we offer this trip, all making an amazing atmosphere and riding experience. Glad you enjoyed, Bill : )
Subject Heading from email: "Great Ride / Great Guide / No Jive"
- Scott Hauser's comments are what we like to see, and what we work for on the RIDE the Balkans motorcycle trip through Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovinia, & Montenegro over 14 days of BMW Riding! So glad you enjoyed, Scott, even on the heels of so many other global motorcycle adventures.
- Oliver Wolff from Colorado took advantage of our Patagonia motorcycle rental options with a fellow rider, and following our Best of Northern Patagonia route, had a great trip! See you for the Atacama & Aliplano trip soon, Oliver.
Had an awesome time. Cory's planning was spot on. With the help of Collin I was able to feel relaxed and take on the riding challenges of the day. The magnitude and diversity of riding was fantastic. For experienced riders I would recommend without reservation. I got to appreciate the rural culture, warm personalities and biodiversities of Bolivia.
- Peter Straubhaar from Colorado just finished the Guided Motorcycle Tour "Rugged Adventure - The Essential Bolivia" based on a request to get as far "off the beaten path" as possible. That's exactly what this itinerary was for, so we're glad you found us!
- Rick Keist from Seattle just finished our Self-Guided Fly & RIDE The Best of Northern Patagonia package. As is always possible in Patagonia, there was some rough weather....but also some great riding and views. Glad you enjoyed, Rick!
- Tony Yrey finished a Self-Guided "Fly & RIDE The Patagonia Experience" motorcycle trip package, obviously with a high level of success! No damage, overall good weather, and great views of highlights like Torres del Paine National Park and the Perito Moreno Glacier. Thanks for the note, Tony!
- Our Patagonia motorcycle rentals came through for Laurynas's adventure riding plans, and this news couldn't make us happier! Riders exploring the incredible, remote & rugged beauty of Patagonia, with scenes like this photo to share....it's what we work for.
- David Wood from Oregon in the U.S. set out on a solo motorcycle trip through Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego all the way to Ushuaia at "The End of the World!" Thanks for commenting that our Patagonia motorcycle rentals performed well for you, and that you enjoyed your trip, David!
- Ty Melton from Colorado in the U.S. had some friends join him for the Self-Guided "Fly & RIDE The Best of Northern Patagonia" package, and it looks like the guys enjoyed their trip! The two-track riding is disappearing all around the Andes Mountains, so other riders should not wait to book their trips.
Everything went smooth, thank you for the guide notes and the maps you have provided, which led us to some of the most amazing places we’ve ever seen, and also kept us safe! We had absolutely no problem whatsoever, bike, staff everything was great."
- Flaviu Dan from Romania was inspired enough by his customized Self-Guided "Fly & RIDE The Patagonia Experience" on a BMW F700GS that he just reached out about a year later to share. With a photo and words that summarize the trip, we are SO glad you enjoyed, Flaviu! That feeling of freedom and exploration of the beautiful Patagonia region puts a huge smile on lots of Riders' faces :)
- Pascal Ducasse and his friends enjoyed a perfect example of a "customized" version of our Self-Guided "Fly & RIDE The Patagonia Experience" package. Wanting to slow down and "soak-up" more of the off-bike opportunities and scenery in Patagonia is something we truly support everyone with. Riders just need to ask us for the help and suggestions on where to stay longer. Thanks for sharing, Pascal!
- Barrett and his friends are making us stand tall and proud with huge smiles after trip reports like this! Please remember though, Patagonia motorcycle rentals should be reserved 8-12+ months in advance, as the season sell out early. Barrett, we're glad you guys planned well ahead, and enjoyed your adventure ride: )
- Jim Hoffmann from Australia was kind enough to share these words with our Staff just after his Self-Guided, Truck Supported Full Patagonia Adventure trip. Jim opted for the new Honda Africa Twin, a motorcycle getting great feedback from the adventure riding world. Glad you enjoyed, Jim!
- For those who haven't practiced their Spanish since high school, Victor Vivaracho (from Spain) is very happy with how his Patagonia Motorcycle Rental experience with RIDE Adventures went. (Approx: "The trip was perfect. The BMW R1200GS LC was in perfect condition, almost new and with a new rear tire. Thanks for your good work.") Glad you enjoyed, Victor!
- Nothing puts a bigger smile on our faces than comments like these from George Mulligan, on the heels of his "Self-Guided, Truck Supported Full Patagonia Adventure." Thanks again, George!
- The spirit of solo motorcycle travel led Jake Szympruch from Oregon to Patagonia, and his Patagonia Motorcycle Rental Package sounds like it was the right choice. Jake, for that, we are glad you enjoyed! See you around Oregon :)
- Thijs and Tim had some perfect timing weatherwise for their Motorcycle Rentals in Patagonia. This time of year, weather is 90% "good" along the Carretera Austral and Ruta 40, but still, sometimes clouds and rain can obscure the sites inside Torres del Paine National Park. Glad you guys got the "good stuff!"
- Moments and photos like this one from Bastian Guenther are a treasured part of any "Self-Guided Fly & Ride The Patagonia Experience" trip on our BMW GS rentals. We're just glad you finished this tough ride safely, Bastian. Knew very well that Patagonia would make the trip an excellent one for you.
- There should be more room on these testimonials for photos! Jeff Yates captured some incredible shots on his Self-Guided "Fly & Ride Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego & Ushuaia!" motorcycle trip, and left us wanting more. Great mix of clouds and sun in Torres del Paine National Park. Glad you enjoyed, Jeff!
- Great photo, Mike and Kathy! The Bradfords had some great weather on their Self-Guided "Fly & Ride Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego & Ushuaia!" motorcycle trip, even for important moments like this one in front of Los Cuernos (The Horns) of Torres del Paine National Park, along side of Lago Pehoe.
- Dominic Ginder and his father, Bob, made excellent use of 16 days of riding time with their Motorcycle Rentals in Patagonia. Dominic, you're correct as well about future plans for Croatia. So much to explore by motorcycle!
"Eric, Made it to Punta Arenas yesterday. Awesome trip! I do have to admit it was tough and some OJT was required on the gravel portions but I am much more skilled now. Never dropped the bike once! Guess 60 year old guys can recall dirt bike skills from 40 years ago LOL. Wind riding was tiring but nothing Harley riders are experienced at. Very rewarding trip to say the least. Thanks for all your help and by the way, the African Twin is an amazing bike. I had never ridden an adventure bike before but the Honda did everything I needed it to do and will be my choice for purchase.
- Now that's a celebration photo! Larry, Tim, and Ron finished their Self-Guided "Fly & Ride Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego & Ushuaia!" motorcycle trip in Punta Arenas, and took this excellent shot overlooking the Straight of Magellan, just across from Tierra del Fuego. Congrats on the safe finish, guys, and thanks for sharing!
- Every rider has their own riding style, and a "Self-Guided Fly & Ride Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego & Ushuaia!" package worked out well for Leslie Donelson and his friend, Bret. As noted though, the only thing that would have made the trip better would probably be some more time in northern Patagonia! Hey, at least you guys experienced what so many have yet to.
- Even when plans changed, Henry Van Klaveren and his cousin Gertjan were still able to enjoy a "Self-Guided Fly & Ride The Patagonia Experience" trip! Glad you finished safely and with smiles, guys.
- Riding in Patagonia isn't for everyone due to the riding challenges, but Hayden Dyer made it happen, and we're so glad he enjoyed his "Self-Guided Fly & Ride The Patagonia Experience" trip!
This trip certainly exceeded my expectations - so I am very happy indeed. From my experience as a participant & sometimes as an organiser, on many motorcycle, mountain biking & road cycling, golfing tours - I offer the following:
- Bruce Ravenhill from South Africa flew over to Chile with a few friends for our Fully Guided "The Best of Northern Patagonia" motorcycle trip package. Bruce also has long experience organizing trips like this, so we appreciate such positive feedback from a fellow Guide!
"I had the adventure of a lifetime riding the Best of Northern Patagonia on the BMW F800GS. The riding and the scenery were unlike anything I've experienced before (plenty of volcanoes). The locals we ran into on the trip from Chile and Argentina were some of the friendliest people I've ever met. The hotel accommodations were a wide range from lavish to basic but were always clean and adequate. We were looking for a dual sport ride and got a great mix of dirt/gravel and paved roads. Truly a trip I'll remember for the rest of my life."
- Travis Rymon is reporting back to us with good words about the "Self-Guided Fly & Ride The Best of Northern Patagonia" motorcycle trip he just enjoyed with his father. Glad you guys now see what it is we've been raving about!
"Hey Eric, I wanted to tell you thank you for everything. We had a great time in Patagonia and everything went as planned thanks to your help.
- Ilay Avnin from Canada and his friend, Adam, were able to ride from Pucon to Punta Arenas, reporting back with a great experience overall! The route they chose is explained in the Self-Guided Fly & Ride the Patagonia Experience package.
"Thanks for following up Eric. It was an incredible experience and the direction I received prior to the trip from yourself and Ulli was spot on. The times I got lost or wandered off the path were very much welcomed as it added to the experience. I was alone for 100% off the riding, but never lonely. I can best describe the experience with the video I put together. Please see below link: https://www.youtube.com/
- Although the service we provided Jordan was for a Kawasaki KLR 650 rental in Patagonia, he also found out on his trip that riding gear serves as snow gear for snow-tubing near Pucón! Glad you enjoyed, Jordan.
"Eric/Cory/Christine, just to let you know I had an awesome trip, the route is super and the bike was great, absolutely no issues. The weather was also absolutely perfect. I attached some photos, it's hard for me to tell on my phone but I think some of the panos are super cool. Thanks for all your assistance in getting everything set up!!! Everyone should do this trip, it truly did have everything you could want in 9-10 days, really cool scenery and terrain, and enough challenge to keep you on your toes. Thanks again!"
- Photograph and comments by Andrew Birkmire from the U.S. after his riding experience with one of our motorcycle rentals in Bolivia. Andrew was kind enough to share a handful of photos, but we chose this one as it shows some of the raw 'simplicity' of life that we encounter when exploring the most remote areas of this beautiful country in the Andes Mountains!
"I'd like to thank the RIDE Adventures Team for their excellent service in making our self guided trip of Northern Patagonia the trip of a lifetime! I had promised my Son a trip as a reward for his college graduation, five years later our schedules finally lined up and we found RIDE Adventures. Even though it was short notice the planning was seamless. Arriving in Chile (Pucon) our bikes were in perfect condition, well equipped freshly serviced and ready for our adventure. The trip book was thorough and after a route briefing any concerns we had were dispelled.
- Brad Michael came up with an incredible graduation gift idea for his son David. Our Self-Guided, Fly & Ride The Best of Northern Patagonia motorcycle trip package sure qualifies as one of the best gifts a recent Grad could receive!
"Bolivia and the route that Cory took us on is really “cool” in terms of an adventure motorcycle outing. It is certainly more technical than what I would imagine many GS1200 destinations are and that alone makes it special for more advanced riding. It is also certainly not a 2 up tour. In fact I found that riding it faster was safer than riding slower, as your concentration levels remain high; but doesn’t give you much sightseeing value, unless you stop. We generally wanted to ride bikes and not look at pretty scenery on a bike, thus it suited us.
Destinations, accommodation, meals and general operations was in my opinion, above average. Motorcycles worked well and all issues we had were dealt with effectively… Obviously a backup vehicle and spare bike is a great bonus. I would highly recommend Cory and this operation in Bolivia to anyone looking for an unforgettable adventure experience."
- Ricky Dos Santos from the British Virgin Islands and some riding buddeies had a Private Group Motorcycle Tour of Bolivia, which as we can see turned out to be a great riding experience!
"Yeah it was a pretty fantastic trip.
So I had 4 days and it probably should have been 5 days. Had some difficult weather so was unable to do as much dirt road riding as I would have liked but that could not be helped. One ride we had on my third day was fantastic. We rode with a local guy who knew the forest roads well and he took us to some places very much off the beaten path. Basically waterfalls that no bus full of tourists would ever see! That day included miles and miles of twisty mountain goodness, dirt roads in wide open spaces unlike anything I have ever seen, a family of baboons crossing the road(!), plus incredible sights along the Blyde River Canyon. Just a great day that I'll remember for a very long time.
- Damon Bourne from Wisconsin in the U.S. had a unique schedule, and asked us to create a Private Guided Motorcycle Tour in South Africa. Looks like we got it right, thanks for the note, Damon!
"I simply loved our Bolivia 2016 trip. Bolivia is a very poor country but the people are friendly, the hotels were clean and the food good and very cheap. And, most importantly, the riding was excellent and exactly what we wanted to experience – a technical demanding ride over rough dirt backroads through lots of mountain passes. Cory is very professional and well organized. He soon warmed to our peculiar sense of humor and we really had a good time. I would definitely do this trip again in future."
- Paulo Santana from the British Virgin Islands requested a Private Group Motorcycle Tour of Bolivia, and all indications are that he got what he was hoping for. Thanks, Paulo!
"We did a self guided Best of North Patagonia tour early October and we loved it! One of the reasons we chose Rideadv is because we found their website to be very clear, easy to use and they offer exactly what we were looking for. Throughout the whole booking process Rideadv has been very clear and responsive. They provided additional practical advice about flights etc. We did some last minute changes to the reservation without any problem. They are really client focused. The bikes we got from Ulli were in perfect shape. He made sure we could find his place, the bikes were all ready when we got there, he had ample choice of bags, cases, straps etc. Last but not least he provided perfects maps with some very useful tips about the route, which roads were blocked (due the weather), where to eat/stay etc. The one issue we had underway (rear tyre flat/to be replaced) he guided us to a perfect BMW shop in Osorno and this was all fixed in less than an hour. We would certainly use Rideadv again!!"
- A Self-Guided, Fly & Ride The Best of Northern Patagonia motorcycle trip package worked out really well for Daan Teeuwissen and his friends from The Netherlands. Glad you enjoyed, Daan, and come back for more! Still lots of Patagonia still undiscovered.
"My brother and I did the Best of Northern Patagonia route and it was, simply, the trip of a lifetime. The team always supported us, super-friendly and enthusiastic - an all round 10/10 experience. Thank you Andres! Thank you Eric!"
- Joshua Gibson from South Africa wrote some much-appreciated words about his motorcycle trip. Looks again like we got their Self-Guided, Fly & Ride The Best of Northern Patagonia adventure riding package just right. Glad you enjoyed, Josh, and there's more of Patagonia and the Andes still yet to see!
RA: Was it easy to reserve and plan your trip through RIDE Adventures? - Sean: "Yes 10/10"
RA: Did you find convenience in contacting us instead of having to deal with international phone calls different time zones, or other booking uncertainty? - Sean: "Yes 10/10"
RA: Is there anything else you can say about how we're doing? - Sean: "RIDE Adventures, glad I found you, you are awesome."
- Sean Gibson from South Africa had some thoughts to share on our post-trip follow-up. Looks like we got his Self-Guided, Fly & Ride The Best of Northern Patagonia adventure riding package just right. Glad you enjoyed, Sean!
- Valérie Julie Brousseau from Canada sent another smile across our faces when we saw this note about her motorcycle trip experience in Peru. We are so glad you enjoyed, Val!
- Priscilla De Castro from New Jersey commenting on her 30th birthday celebration trip ... a motorcycle rental package in Bolivia! So glad you enjoyed, Priscilla. Nice rest stop photo from the Salar de Uyuni.
"Wow! Wow! WOW!!!
The three principal environments in Peru are coastal desert, high mountains (and here I mean HIGH, as in really, really HUGE!), and jungle. But there is also everything in between from pine forests at 2000m to the incredible expanses of golden Pampas grasses on the "Altiplano", way above the tree line, starting at 3,000m and up for there. Our highest point was 4,900m, and still we were dwarfed by the giant peaks all around. Amazing is too weak a word for it. AWESOME is often a word that is over-used. This was truly that.
- Rory Aitken from the U.K. after clearly enjoying his exploration of Peru on one of our BMW R1200GS rentals. With sentiments like this, perhaps more people will finally venture into the Andes Mountains of Peru on one of our motorcycle rentals!
-This was by Kyle Tindale from Canada after he and his friend, Cody, enjoyed a Self-Guided "Fly & Ride The Patagonia Experience" on BMW F700GS and Kawasaki KLR 650 motorcycle rental we provided
-Simon Blooomhill, CEO, Hit The Road Travel - Simon is a key partner and enabler in the making of our "Southern Africa Experience" Guided Motorcycle Tour package, and it has been a pleasure working with him!
- Mark Larson from Arizona in the U.S. after he and his wife, Melanie enjoyed exploring Peru on one of our BMW R1200GS rentals. Mark had done Patagonia a few years ago with us, and appears to be "conquering Lost Andes!"
"I had made a spontaneous decision to experience Patagonia on a motorbike last Christmas. I really had no idea what I was getting myself into and had only 2 years of riding experience--most of which was on pavement. Eric at RIDE Adventures took the time to answer all my questions before I was even fully committed. I expressed my concerns about riding alone and having little off-road experience. Eric was very organized, friendly, knowledgeable and I had no qualms at all during the reservation and payment process; This is important when you are forking out thousands of dollars. He kept good notes on the invoices and documented everything via written communication.
On the ground, I was able to pick up the BMW F700GS without any issues. Everything was handled in English and I was on the road very quickly. I put over 3,000 miles on the bike with zero issues other than having to oil the chain a few times (bring some chain lube it’s very expensive in Patagonia). The bike came with all the tools you would ever need for basic maintenance and road-side repairs. Luckily, I didn’t have so much as a flat tire and the bike was already well-maintained. I did have one low-speed crash and dented one of the panniers a bit. I was charged a reasonable price for the damage when I returned the bike. Ulli, the fleet manager near Pucon, was just as helpful, friendly and knowledgeable as Eric. Every time I called him, he answered. I never felt like I’d be unsupported in an emergency.
-Written by Roger Keyes from Kansas City, U.S.A. after his motorcycle rental package in Patagonia for riding through Chile and Argentina. Roger enjoyed the BMW F700GS so much, he came home and bought one!
-Written by Nelson Powers from the U.S. after his motorcycle rental package in Patagonia for riding through Chile and Argentina. Riding solo to Ushuaia can be a long and grueling, but also exhilierating!
-Written by Craig Pejic from the U.K. after his motorcycle rental package in Patagonia for riding through Chile and Argentina. So glad you guys enjoyed your trip, and that we had a chance to meet along the road near Futaleufú, Craig!
-Written by Jake Berzkalns after his Self-Guided, Truck Supported "Full Patagonia Adventure trip through Chile and Argentina. So glad you enjoyed Patagonia and now know what we've been talking about since 2010, Jake!
-Written by Robert Butler from Canada after his Self-Guided, Truck Supported "Full Patagonia Adventure trip through Chile and Argentina. So glad you enjoy this region that we are so excited about showing the world, Rob!
"Everything has been already said about our chile trip by Rob and Jake. They are spot on, and I can only fall in line with Rob and Jake's praises. We not only enjoyed we a perfect travel itinery but also a product, which will be difficult to match or find anywhere else out there.
In addition, we just had the right constellation of people, led by Andres. To keep it short and sweet, he has all the right attributes a guide should have. Reliable, dedicated, knowledgable and caring. I enjoyed myself very much. Thank you Andres.
RIDE Adventures, I shall certainly use your services again. Please stay in contact and keep me updated and thank you for your overall speedy and professional correspondance."
-Written by Stephan Wacker who lives in Namibia, but is originally from Germany. Stephan clearly enjoyed his Self-Guided, Truck Supported "Full Patagonia Adventure trip in early 2016! Good news is, we'll get to visit with Stephan at his hotel again in Swakopmund when we are on our Southern Africa Experience tour.
-Written by Federico Rolando from New York after clearly enjoying his opportunity to RIDE our "The Best of Northern Patagonia" route. Federico, do come back sometime, as there's much more still to enjoy in Patagonia!
"In a word, amazing!!!
The trip exceeded any possible expectations I might have thought I had. From the snow covered mountains to the emerald blue rivers, driving rain, cross winds, sunshine, dirt, dust, mud, pavement and cold, pretty much all in one day, it was truly an adventure i will never forget. Every part made even better by Ulli and Andres. Both of them went way above and beyond the entire trip to make sure we never had to worry about a single thing. There is a massive amount of logistics on a trip like this and both of them made it so all we had to do was enjoy the riding. A+++ for both of them. Apart from the riding, the fly fishing was perhaps the best fishing i have ever had the opportunity to do. I live on a premium fishing river in Washington but the fishing down there was way beyond anything i have ever gotten to do.
The hotels were perfect, I enjoyed very much both the mom and pop places we stayed as well as the high end resorts. Great food and the other people we met on the trip will be friends for life. We were all talking at the end of the trip that we should all try and get the band together to do another one in a year or two."
-Steven Scott, from Washington, after his experience joining some riding buddies and our guides Ulli and Andres for the "Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego & Ushuaia!" motorcycle tour in 2015. Steven, there's nothing we enjoy more than exceeding expectations!
I loved every single moment of this trip! Almost didn't realize I was the only girl of the group hehe (Actually I had never drink so much beer in my life!). I don't know if all groups are this fun but we certainly got a good one!
Ulli and Andres thanks for all your efforts! Company in the truck was great! I would only suggest to make more propaganda on the web page that wife's can ride on the truck! ;) But this tour is definitely Top!!"
-Silvana Puello from Colombia after she joined her boyfriend Jaime on the back of a BMW F800GS on our "Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego & Ushuaia!" motorcycle tour! Looks like she enjoyed herself, and we couldn't be happier about that.
"Absolutely amazing experience. Two rental bikes and 17 days of adventuring through Chile and Argentina. Parke Pumalin and Parke Patagonia were the highlight of the trip, never seen that many stars while camping in those parks. Also the fly-fishing in Rio Baker was fun. Great service and the bikes were excellent GS1200's, perfect for this kind of terrain and adventure through dirt roads."
-Quint Henriquez from the Netherlands Antilles after his Self-Guided Motorcycle Trip in Patagonia with his friend, Ian. Quint, we're glad you had such a great experience! Don't forget the fly-fishing opportunities here folks...
-Mark Jeffries from the U.K. after his clearly EXCELLENT experience riding a Self-Guided Motorcycle Trip in Patagonia in 2015.
-Anna Kim from California after she clearly enjoyed her motorcycle rental experience from our Pucon, Chile location, and riding through Patagonia with friends on a self-guided trip!
"I have finally made it back to Singapore after the long haul from the bottom of the world. I just wanted to write a few words about the 2 weeks I spent with Ride Adventures, Ulli and Andres.
Going into this trip, I had some trepidation about being able to keep up with the rest of the team on the infamous Ripio. Although I was confident I would get through it, I did not want to end up an hour behind the rest of the group and becoming a drag on the tour.
Luckily, we had a group of riders that although on their own bikes had a very large range of ability and would have no doubt kicked my ass on dirt or road were quick to develop a team concept and help each other out when needed. I do believe I was very fortunate to be able to ride and spend time with such an outstanding group of people.
-Written by Dan Ruben from Singapore after he was able to sneak most of our "Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego & Ushuaia!" motorcycle trip into his busy schedule!
- Jaime Pumarejo from Colombia, after his experience on our "Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego & Ushuaia!" Guided Group Motorcycle tour. Jaime and his girlfriend Silvana rode 2-up the whole way!
"Lots of inside jokes with the US Boyz I'm sure. I can speak for Mike and I that we were thoroughly stoked about every part of our adventure too!
The people, the places, the food (omg what a meat fest), the accommodations, the dogs and most of all, our guides. Andres (the happiest guy in the world) made us feel so comfortable and at home, and Ulli with his youthful and fun approach really brought all the hard work you all do with planning together!
Thanks again Mike and everyone for the awesome Adventure. Hope to cross paths one day again."-Brent Martin from B.C., Canada after clearly enjoying his "Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego & Ushuaia!" motorcycle trip!
Eric at RIDE Adventures (www.rideadv.com) is a top class, experienced leader and host. He secured well-prepared, well-maintained bikes (BMW 1200GS), researched and planned a bespoke route, arranged great hotels and selected excellent restaurants. More to the point he took on everything we threw at him with enduring patience and humor - and through the tour has become a really good friend.It is difficult to imagine how bike tours get better this."
-Jeremy Lester, Dubai UAE,(Jeremy offers a lift to an Israeli Army Officer stranded in Puerto Tranquilo in Chilean Patagonia during the "Patagonia Experience" motorcycle tour.)
-Ian Ohan, Owner - Freedom Pizza - Dubai, UAE
(Photo overlooking Lago General Carrera in Chilean Patagonia during the "Patagonia Experience" motorcycle tour.)
-Remi Aquin, District Sales Manager (Pictures from Jan and Remi's travels by renting motorcycles in Chile, and riding through Northern Chile, Peru, Bolivia, and Northern Argentina.)
-Dominique and Patrick from Maillot , after 18 days of a self-guided motorcycle trip in Patagonia.
-Emily & Johann, Ann Arbor, Michigan
-Anna & Patrice, Seattle, Washington, after 10 Day incredible self-guided riding trip through the heart of Patagonia
-Chris from California, after a week-long motorcycle rental in Chile and Argentina. In December of 2012, Paso Samore (between Osorno and Bariloche) had a fire and was shut down for a couple of weeks. Riders had to make some last-minute route adjustments!
-Tom Prendiville (Shown in the picture during a self-guided Patagonia motorcycle trip with his brothers. Here crossing the Straight of Magellan on the ferry with the BMW Motorcycles. Next stop, USHUAIA!)
"Just got back from a great ride in Peru...RIDE Adventures helped nine of us to build and ride a personalized tour of Peru...the ninth person was a Peruvian that lives here in the States. Having a Spanish speaking guy with you really makes the trip
-Ted Beck - Montana - If you want more particulars - email me! (Ted and his group did a self-guided motorcycle trip of Peru with motorcycles we provided, and hotels and maps we arranged for them.)
-Ryan Roux & Andres DuPlessis - South Africa - after 20 days of BMW motorcycle rentals in Patagonia in 2013
-David and Juli - from Austin, Texas, after their 10-Day self-guided motorcycle tour through the Andes Mountains of Patagonia between Chile and Argentina
-George and Anders from Norway, after 10 great days of BMW motorcycle rentals in Chile, spent riding the Andes Mountains of northern Argentina, Bolivia, and Chile - on the ferry at Estrecho de Tiquina to Copacabana, Bolivia for sure!
"Hi RIDE Adventures,
I had great trip and great start in California with GS Motorcycle. Next time I will get plan for ride with your team travel some where else interesting. I passed my fear about traffic and now I can enjoy like American people! So many video was took I will update you soon."
-Minh Tran from Vietnam after 15 days of riding across the U.S. on an BMW R1200GS. His first time riding in the U.S., all part of an architectural research project, and meeting friendly Americans along the way!
"All around, a great trip. Your entire organization is totally professional. Your email responses were always prompt and accurate. Like I said, Lars was very honest in his assessment of my trip and he was right. It's obvious that all of you actually ride and you know the routes.
-Terry Banen from the U.S, after what was clearly a great self-guided motorcyle trip in Peru, including Lake Titicaca and Machu Picchu.
"Well, the trip came to an end today. Pulled in at 3:00 showing 1475 miles. I can't wait to start looking through all the pictures and videos. Really want to thank you guys for an incredible time! I could not have asked for a better time. Chad...you and Ernie are top notch tour guides and photographers...thank you!"
-Jeff Baenen from Illinois after his September 2013 Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail guided motorcycle tour and ride back home on his Triumph 1200 Explorer
-Andrea and Chapman from California after a weekend ride through the Lakes District of Chile, Northern Patagonia on a BMW F800GS rental.
-Isabella Scafati from Italy & Miami after a self-guided trip in Patagonia with her boyfriend, Dale in January 2014.
-Santiago Falla from the U.S. and Colombia, after his 12-Day Self-Guided Patagonia Motorcycle Trip with his girlfriend in February 2014.
-Steve Curry from New York after a Self-Guided Patagonia motorcycle trip on the BMW F700GS.
-Philip & Philip Moor from New Jersey, USA , after what was clearly an enjoyable self-guided Patagonia motorcycle travel experience! As they first let-out the clutch in Osorno.
-Gustavo Scherenberg from Mexico after his private group's "Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego & Ushuaia!" motorcycle tour in February 2014. This group added an extra day for rafting the Futaleufu River. Be sure to Contact Us and ask about how you can, too! (Gus's group in front of the Grey Glacier in Torres del Paine National Park.)
-This from Martin Farrand from New Zealand. We included some pictures of Martin on his "Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego & Ushuaia!" motorcycle trip. (Martin's helmet represents the infamous All Blacks from New Zealand overlooking the Queulat National Rainforest)
-Warren Bean from Oregon, USA after his "Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego & Ushuaia!" motorcycle trip. Returning to Chile with the other riders, wishing they could turn around to do it all over again as we were told!
-Myles Colligan and Taylor Garrigan from the U.S, after their self-guided version of our "Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego & Ushuaia!" motorcycle tour. Clearly, they enjoyed!
-Krishnakumar Gopinathannair from California, after he and his friend, Bijoy completed their Self-Guided Patagonia Experience trip in February 2014. Glad you enjoyed, and great seeing you along the route, guys!