"What a fantastic trip. Lovely countries, great people, superb riding all facilitated by a very professional and friendly set up that you provided. Many thanks to all your support staff ahead of the adventure when all questions were responded to promptly and efficiently. I would not hesitate to recommend you to friends and will certainly use ride LLC again in the future.
|"Hi Eric, Christine,
Just went back from a beautiful trip in Patagonia. Unbelievable beautiful environment. Everything was well organized and we had no problems. The weather was incredibly good. Only one day rain and huge wind. Erik was really great!! What a top guy and amigo.
Thanks and I will send some pictures/video’s - Regards Eric"
-Eric Nijman from The Netherlands wrote these kind words on the heels of his Self-Guided, Truck Supported "Full Patagonia Adventure" motorcycle tour in early 2019. So glad you enjoyed, Eric, seems everyone who rides in Patagonia does : )
|"Just to let you know that we had a fabulous time in Peru! Excellent people, excellent route and excellent hotels!
I guess I didn't really know what to expect from Peru - but it surpassed any expectations I had many times over. It really is a sensational trip and both Helen and I loved the riding and the few bits of 'adventure' that we had!"
-Michael Potter and his wife, Helen must have enjoyed themselves, as so many of us do when riding and exploring the incredible land of Peru. They were part of our Guided Group "Machu Picchu Express" tour, and we look forward to riding with them again in the Andes, soon.
|"This is the second time that I have hired bikes from RIDE Adventures for a trip. The first was a ride up through Patagonia and the latest from Oregon, through Canada and on up through Alaska - some 6,500kms.
I cannot recommend Eric and his team at RIDE Adventures more highly. Great people to deal with - honesty, integrity, reliability, well maintained bikes that are comprehensively kitted out………and importantly people that ride themselves and understand that things do not always go to plan and will work with you to help get things sorted whatever they are and wherever you are.
Thanks Eric - you guys are simply awesome!"
-Mark Stewart from Australia on the heels of a successful ride to Alaska with his friend Phil, and our Oregon-based motorcycle rentals. A pair of Africa Twin's, 2 experienced riders, the Pacific Northwest, British Columbia, Alberta, the Yukon, and all the moose, elk, bears, and other wildlife along the way, quite a journey a long time in the making. Just loved this picture as two voyagers were headed out of the shop that day. Come again, guys!
-Phill Whitford, thank you very much for your kind words about how your Self-Guided, Fly & DRIVE The Patagonia Experience trip package worked out! Come on back sometime and bring friends...we have motorcycles, too : )
"FYI, I got back to Uvalde Texas yesterday afternoon. It was a great trip, I would sum it up as successful. The hotels, restaurants, and bike you choose were the best. The route and scenery was unbelievable. The weather was a bigger obstacle than I expected as were some of the roads. Nothing really difficult but 2700 miles was a challenge. Did I tell you that I celebrated my 70th birthday during the ride? Also I met lots of interesting people. I’m headed to Colorado to ski in ten days. And then???
- Congratulations to Ed Carnes from Texas for celebrating his 70th year with a successful solo Self-Guided "Fly & RIDE Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego & Ushuaia" trip! We sometimes wonder if some riders have read too much about the drama of Patagonia's conditions and are turned away as a result. Yes, winds and conditions can be tough sometimes, but Ed just showed us all how to do it: Be patient, keep at it, ride smart without showing off for your friends, and most careful, experienced dual sport riders can enjoy some of the world's best riding safely. This photo taken and recognized as the spot where RIDE Adventures was born by the simple thought "more people need to experience this." Ed had a few clouds that day, but when that sun cracks and the waters turn bright blue ... oh what a site.
"Eric! We had a f___ing blast. We had a few WiFi-less days at the end or I would have written sooner. Yes- we hit a rabbit (or rather it hit us, pretty sure it was suicidal) in the road btw Perito Moreno and El Calafate. Shook us up for sure. As for mister rabbit- he exploded. The bike took it super well- he hit the crashbars which was lucky.sorry about any damage, looked purely cosmetic, but let me know! The bike itself was awesome- rey thinks the rear breaks might need to be replaced- it had enough brake pad to get us safely through the trip but the pads are pretty much toast by the end of our trip.
- Congratulations Kendra and Rey for your marriage and honeymoon, and for choosing to spend that time riding the Self-Guided Fly & RIDE The Patagonia Experience! You were the first Riders of the season to complete this route, so congrats on the safe finish. As for the rabbit, sounds like he was too "rascally" : )
"My partner and I didn’t speak a bit of Spanish but we chose to do the 7 day self guided tour. I loved Colombia and its fantastic views. The people were friendly and the cities were full of history. Our point of contact, Ricardo, was awesome. He was incredibly helpful and friendly. He went above and beyond what we expected. He will be very successful in this business and you can’t go wrong with him on your side. The bikes were new and in great shape, absolutely perfect for the terrain. We had some problems but nothing we couldn’t deal with and it didn’t slow us down. It was planned for more off-road for us. We had mud, rocks, rain and landslides to deal with. It made it a true adventure!
I think you could ride the country for months and never ride the same road twice. WE WILL BE BACK!!!"
- Chris Coonshead and his buddy, David, seem to have discovered what Riders from around the world are talking about: Not only is Colombia perfectly safe to experience in person, but our Self-Guided "Fly & RIDE The Essential Colombia Adventure Ride" package makes it easy to have an experience like the one they had! Come on back, guys, the bikes and fun people of Colombia will be waiting : )
"The trip was awesome! The itinerary allowed some side excursions on “rest days” which we took full advantage of with trips to the Salar to Tara, Valle de la Luna, and Isla Incahuasi. The route suggestions were spot-on (my favourite being Ruta 9 north of Salta…we did it both directions…epic!).
If someone asks me whether I’d recommend a self-guided fly and ride with RIDE Adventures…the answer is absolutely YES!! Our experience was incredible, the scenery was stunning, the people amazing, and we overcame problems with help from your people on the ground. We are already talking about doing a ride in southern Chile and Argentina, plus riding the Lagunas route from SPDA to Uyuni is now on my bucket list. Hopefully I can convince you to rent me a DR650 in ANF at some point."
- Dave Munro from Calgary and his buddy, Al, sure did enjoy their Self-Guided, Fly & RIDE The 3 Corners: Argentina, Bolivia & Chile trip, and we couldn't be happier for that. Come back again anytime guys, the Andes are the longest mountain chain in the world, and there's lots more to experience!
Just arrived home yesterday, with the long plane ride I had a lot of time to reflect on my time in Africa. I cannot speak for everyone, although I am an American and that’s just what we do! Haha. Many people talk about the “trip of a lifetime” and usually even though the travel was good it doesn’t leave you with that sense of a great adventure. I will tell you that for me the trip to Namibia and South Africa was absolutely the best trip I have ever been on. To answer your questions, the bikes were in great shape (except for some reason my tires kept going flat), but that’s another story. The description of the package was spot on, it will challenge riders of all levels. Accommodations were excellent, and the food was fantastic. I experienced so many different types of game it was amazing.
- Sentiments like these by Dan Crawford from the U.S. are exactly why we do what we do. After a long wait for the trip to finally happen, a most sincere thanks to you, Dan, for sharing this post-tour commentary. We are happy-beyond-words that you enjoyed your Southern Africa Experience.
"This was my first guided tour. Darko did an excellent job – he was very attentive to all the riders.
- On the heels of a Private Group Motorcycle trip we coordinated for a group of friends (a few Repeat Customers) in the Alps of Europe, it looks like Stan was pretty happy with the results. Come on back for more!
"Hi Eric, the ride and Ricardo were both amazing!!!! I chose the Royal Enfield . At first glance it seemed small but it out performed the three bigger bikes on the off road and gravel roads. We traveled over 1350 kilometers and it ran well other than altitudes greater than 3000 meters. As far as the accommodations, Ricardo really did his homework. All safe, friendly, great views, great meals. and great people we met all along the way. I’ll Certainly recommend it to everyone I know. Can’t wait for the next ride adventure thanks, Tom"
- Great success! Thomas and his friend Kenneth recently finished our Guided Group Motorcycle Tour package "The Essential Colombia" along with Ricardo as their Guide, and it would appear there's something to be experienced in Colombia!
"We just returned last night from Rio de Janeiro where we spent the last week of our vacation. Our motorcycle trip was an incredible adventure. I have learned that riding on gravel can have many different meanings. Just when I thought I was getting really good at that, I had an intimate experience with an Argentinian ripio !
"Was the trip of a life time mate, still tell the story when I said to you about taking the aluminium cases of and first thing you said, was yeah less stuff stuff to break haha.
"We sincerely enjoyed our ride. The whole countryside is awesome and we experienced plenty of exhaling moments. From the safari rides to the dune climbing , driving on never ending dirt roads.... it was a blast. Our guides were knowledgeable and quite pleasant. It was well organized and an easy to follow self guided tour. The roads were well selected and the day offs well deserved.
"If you’re considering to rent through RIDE Adventures – do it! We rented an F700GS in Chile back in November and had the best experience from beginning to end – everyone we talked to was so helpful and answered to our questions in a very short time. Before our trip Eric was very helpful with every question we had and made us feel really great about everything. When we got to the rental place outside Pucon we were met by Ulli, who took his time to get us started with the bike and gave us all the necessary information about both the bike, the different route options, border crossing and so on. The bike was great for our 2-up ride and worked perfectly without any problems. Ulli had even considered giving us a bike that was a bit better geared for riding 2-up – a more comfy back seat and larger side cases, which we really appreciated. All in all, it was an excellent experience renting through the RIDE Adventures :)"
"I wanted to give you some feedback regarding the recent trip for Reg, John, Rob and myself. AWESOME! Simply put, we had a great time. The riding conditions and suggested routes/stops were excellent. Most impressive was the "above and beyond" service provided when we had a bike catastrophically fail on the road and had to abandon it. We truly were impressed with the speed to get us a new one and the extra efforts taken. Thank you. I've attached a couple of photos for you."
"Just finished the Machu Picchu express tour. The tour was absolutely brilliant! It was very well organised, driving was fantastic. Food and accommodation great ! I will be recommending to my friends when I get home! Thanks very much! - Patrick Fives"