Just arrived home yesterday, with the long plane ride I had a lot of time to reflect on my time in Africa. I cannot speak for everyone, although I am an American and that’s just what we do! Haha. Many people talk about the “trip of a lifetime” and usually even though the travel was good it doesn’t leave you with that sense of a great adventure. I will tell you that for me the trip to Namibia and South Africa was absolutely the best trip I have ever been on. To answer your questions, the bikes were in great shape (except for some reason my tires kept going flat), but that’s another story. The description of the package was spot on, it will challenge riders of all levels. Accommodations were excellent, and the food was fantastic. I experienced so many different types of game it was amazing.
- Sentiments like these by Dan Crawford from the U.S. are exactly why we do what we do. After a long wait for the trip to finally happen, a most sincere thanks to you, Dan, for sharing this post-tour commentary. We are happy-beyond-words that you enjoyed your Southern Africa Experience.
"This was my first guided tour. Darko did an excellent job – he was very attentive to all the riders.
- On the heels of a Private Group Motorcycle trip we coordinated for a group of friends (a few Repeat Customers) in the Alps of Europe, it looks like Stan was pretty happy with the results. Come on back for more!
"Hi Eric, the ride and Ricardo were both amazing!!!! I chose the Royal Enfield . At first glance it seemed small but it out performed the three bigger bikes on the off road and gravel roads. We traveled over 1350 kilometers and it ran well other than altitudes greater than 3000 meters. As far as the accommodations, Ricardo really did his homework. All safe, friendly, great views, great meals. and great people we met all along the way. I’ll Certainly recommend it to everyone I know. Can’t wait for the next ride adventure thanks, Tom"
- Great success! Thomas and his friend Kenneth recently finished our Guided Group Motorcycle Tour package "The Essential Colombia" along with Ricardo as their Guide, and it would appear there's something to be experienced in Colombia!
"We just returned last night from Rio de Janeiro where we spent the last week of our vacation. Our motorcycle trip was an incredible adventure. I have learned that riding on gravel can have many different meanings. Just when I thought I was getting really good at that, I had an intimate experience with an Argentinian ripio !
"Was the trip of a life time mate, still tell the story when I said to you about taking the aluminium cases of and first thing you said, was yeah less stuff stuff to break haha.
"We sincerely enjoyed our ride. The whole countryside is awesome and we experienced plenty of exhaling moments. From the safari rides to the dune climbing , driving on never ending dirt roads.... it was a blast. Our guides were knowledgeable and quite pleasant. It was well organized and an easy to follow self guided tour. The roads were well selected and the day offs well deserved.
"If you’re considering to rent through RIDE Adventures – do it! We rented an F700GS in Chile back in November and had the best experience from beginning to end – everyone we talked to was so helpful and answered to our questions in a very short time. Before our trip Eric was very helpful with every question we had and made us feel really great about everything. When we got to the rental place outside Pucon we were met by Ulli, who took his time to get us started with the bike and gave us all the necessary information about both the bike, the different route options, border crossing and so on. The bike was great for our 2-up ride and worked perfectly without any problems. Ulli had even considered giving us a bike that was a bit better geared for riding 2-up – a more comfy back seat and larger side cases, which we really appreciated. All in all, it was an excellent experience renting through the RIDE Adventures :)"
"I wanted to give you some feedback regarding the recent trip for Reg, John, Rob and myself. AWESOME! Simply put, we had a great time. The riding conditions and suggested routes/stops were excellent. Most impressive was the "above and beyond" service provided when we had a bike catastrophically fail on the road and had to abandon it. We truly were impressed with the speed to get us a new one and the extra efforts taken. Thank you. I've attached a couple of photos for you."
"Just finished the Machu Picchu express tour. The tour was absolutely brilliant! It was very well organised, driving was fantastic. Food and accommodation great ! I will be recommending to my friends when I get home! Thanks very much! - Patrick Fives"
"Thank you once again for setting up our wonderful bike ride down through Southern Africa. It really was a fantastic experience that none of us shall forget. We got to see places way off the beaten track that, without your help, we would have never seen. If I'm lucky enough to visit Africa again, I'll be sure to get in touch with you and RIDE Adventures. Thanks again, mate."
"It was the trip of a lifetime! I had to pinch myself several times to make sure I wasn’t dreaming. I think the highlight was the Uyuni Salt Flats, surreal landscape. My favorite place we stayed had no electricity or hot water in La Higuera Bolivia but I give it a five star! Just riding through the small villages of Peru and Bolivia was great. Looking forward to another trip."
- Lyonel relied on us for a motorcycle tour through Peru not long ago, but this time he got to explore the Balkans of Europe with a BMW GS rental we provided. Glad you enjoyed, Lyonel!
- Ron Cutter and a great group of fun Riders all enjoyed a beautiful autumn weekend in Wisconsin riding the Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail route with Chad Berger, designer of the route. So glad you enjoyed, Ron. We do, too ... every year!
- Mary Jo Ford, along with her husband and daughter from California enjoyed a customized version of our Self-Guided "RIDE the 3 Corners" adventure riding package. This photo overlooking the Salar de Uyuni from Fisher Island, what a place to RIDE!
- John and Jane from New Zealand tackled the Altiplano and Atacama region of the Andes Mountains with our Self-Guided "RIDE the 3 Corners" adventure riding package. The picture helps realize just how clear, crisp, and vivid the colors and textures of this region are. So fantastic for photography, and riding!
- Todd Thorsell and his buddy Roger clearly enjoyed themselves in Peru, taking this photo near the Colca Canyon on our Guided Group "Machu Picchu Express" motorcycle tour. Glad you enjoyed, guys!
- Matthew Miller experienced some of the very best riding Europe has to offer on our "Alps Moto Explorer" Guided Group Motorcycle Tour. So glad you enjoyed, Matthew, and we know others will, too : )
- Mike Bradford from the Lake Tahoe area wrote back in response to a recent eNewsletter, still feeling the effects that Patagonia has on adventure riders. That's why we love what we do at RIDE Adventures, so thanks for the note, Mike! The Bradfords clearly enjoyed the "Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego & Ushuaia!" route.
"After two days in Paris detoxing from such an adrenaline rush from your tour I returned to the States Sunday evening. I want to thank you for everything as it surpassed my wildest dreams in regards to the roads traveled, the sights, food, accommodations and organization."
- Bill Currie from the U.S. got to RIDE the Balkans motorcycle trip through Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovinia, & Montenegro, and through some snow-lined roads! This is pretty normal for the May dates that we offer this trip, all making an amazing atmosphere and riding experience. Glad you enjoyed, Bill : )
Subject Heading from email: "Great Ride / Great Guide / No Jive"
- Scott Hauser's comments are what we like to see, and what we work for on the RIDE the Balkans motorcycle trip through Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovinia, & Montenegro over 14 days of BMW Riding! So glad you enjoyed, Scott, even on the heels of so many other global motorcycle adventures.