Ride Bolivia: Self-Guided (Lowest Cost) Motorcycle Adventure Tours In Bolivia
How To Experience a Bolivia Motorcycle Trip on a Budget
Step 1: Contact Us and tell us how many days you’d like to travel, what type of riding terrain and scenery you’d like to experience, or any specific famous sites in Bolivia that you don’t want to miss, like:
- The Salar de Uyuni (Uyuni Salt Flat) which is the largest salt flat in the world, and can be ridden across in the dry season of June through November.
- “El Camino de la Muerte” which is “The Road of Death” or commonly referred to as “The World’s Most Dangerous Road” due to the high percentage of fatalities that have taken place here over the years. Don’t worry though, it’s perfectly possible to travel this incredible route safely, otherwise we surely wouldn’t even mention it as an option. (It’s the crazy and reckless drivers who don’t pay attention and drive at excessive speeds who perished here, so certainly you’ll be cautious and pay attention to the edge of the road!).
- Cities like La Paz, Sucre, Cochabamba, and Potosi are all within reach, and are host to features, architectures and histories well worth visiting.
- The Inca culture which is still definitely alive and present in the cuisine, clothing, and lifestyles of some people in this region.
Step 2: Choose Your Motorcycle from this list of options.
Step 3: Choose Add-On Options: We always offer information on the best routes, scenery, etc. if you can tell us more about what you’re interested in, and in most cases, we also offer hotel packages, GPS usage, and perhaps some other services like ferry bookings, etc. Be prepared to answer our questions about what else you want included, aside from just the motorcycle rental, insurance, and authorizations that we automatically arrange for you.
Step 4: Reserve everything you need through RIDE Adventures! – Payable to one of our accounts in the U.S., rest assured that you’ve booked your upcoming trip through an informed, reputable, reliable, and fun provider of travel services.
Minimum Essential Gear for RIDE Training
If you're planning to jump on a guided tour or training with RIDE Adventures, it's essential that you have the right gear. This helps to ensure your safety and the safety of others while on the road.
Not being properly prepared can lead to injuires that could have been avoided. Our guides have created a Minimum Essential Gear Guide if you plan to book a RIDE Adventures. If you don't come minimally prepared there is a chance our guides will prevent you from hopping on a bike. Make sure you're prepared for the adventure.
BMW F700GS (twin cylinder)
493lb / 223kg
4 gal / 15 L
504lb / 229kg
4 gal / 15 L
BMW R1200GS - Liquid Cooled
BMW R1200GS Adventure (2014+ Liquid Cooled)
5.3gal / 20 L
Honda Africa Twin
Another recent assertion by Honda Motorcycles into the Adventure Riding world, riders seeking a compact-sized adventure bike have been raving about the CB500X. With plenty of power emanating from the parallel-twin engine, and an agile disposition, everything from paved twisties to gravel, dirt, and sand can be conquered with this fun adventuring option.
- Wet Weight - 428lbs
- Seat Height - 31.8 inches
- Fuel Capacity - 4.6 gal
471cc Parallel Twin
Triumph Tiger 1200 XCx
- Wet weight - 570 lbs. (259 kg)
- Seat height - 32.9 or 33.7" (837 or 857 mm)
- Fuel Capacity - 5.2 gal (20 Liters)
- Displacement - 1215cc's
32.8 to 33.6 in