- The Salar de Uyuni (Uyuni Salt Flat)
- Cities like La Paz, Sucre, Cochabamba, and Potosi
- El Camino de la Muerte (The Road of Death)
- Traditional Inca culture
- David Wood from Oregon in the U.S. set out on a solo motorcycle trip through Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego all the way to Ushuaia at "The End of the World!" Thanks for commenting that our Patagonia motorcycle rentals performed well for you, and that you enjoyed your trip, David!
Ulli was exceptionally helpful whether with route suggestions, changing panniers, supplying pannier bags, new maps [and exceptionally fairly not charging me for a bracket which broke supporting one of the panniers when i returned the bike as he could see it was not due to a fall] as well as some very well received cold drinks on his porch when picking up and dropping off bikes!
-Barrett, Ireland, March 2017"
- Barrett and his friends are making us stand tall and proud with huge smiles after trip reports like this! Please remember though, Patagonia motorcycle rentals should be reserved 8-12+ months in advance, as the season sell out early. Barrett, we're glad you guys planned well ahead, and enjoyed your adventure ride: )
- Moments and photos like this one from Bastian Guenther are a treasured part of any "Self-Guided Fly & Ride The Patagonia Experience" trip on our BMW GS rentals. We're just glad you finished this tough ride safely, Bastian. Knew very well that Patagonia would make the trip an excellent one for you.
"If you’re considering to rent through RIDE Adventures – do it! We rented an F700GS in Chile back in November and had the best experience from beginning to end – everyone we talked to was so helpful and answered to our questions in a very short time. Before our trip Eric was very helpful with every question we had and made us feel really great about everything. When we got to the rental place outside Pucon we were met by Ulli, who took his time to get us started with the bike and gave us all the necessary information about both the bike, the different route options, border crossing and so on. The bike was great for our 2-up ride and worked perfectly without any problems. Ulli had even considered giving us a bike that was a bit better geared for riding 2-up – a more comfy back seat and larger side cases, which we really appreciated. All in all, it was an excellent experience renting through the RIDE Adventures :)"
- Casper and Sarah from Denmark set up a Self-Guided "Fly & RIDE The Best of Northern Patagonia!" adventure with us, and apparently enjoyed what they discovered. Glad for it, Casper, so come on back for more riding in the Andes sometime : )
- Dominic Ginder and his father, Bob, made excellent use of 16 days of riding time with their Motorcycle Rentals in Patagonia. Dominic, you're correct as well about future plans for Croatia. So much to explore by motorcycle!
La moto gs 1200 lc estaba en perfecto estado, casi nueva y con el neumatico trasero nuevo.
Gracias por vuestro buen trabajo"
- For those who haven't practiced their Spanish since high school, Victor Vivaracho (from Spain) is very happy with how his Patagonia Motorcycle Rental experience with RIDE Adventures went. (Approx: "The trip was perfect. The BMW R1200GS LC was in perfect condition, almost new and with a new rear tire. Thanks for your good work.") Glad you enjoyed, Victor!
Everything went smooth, thank you for the guide notes and the maps you have provided, which led us to some of the most amazing places we’ve ever seen, and also kept us safe! We had absolutely no problem whatsoever, bike, staff everything was great."
- Flaviu Dan from Romania was inspired enough by his customized Self-Guided "Fly & RIDE The Patagonia Experience" on a BMW F700GS that he just reached out about a year later to share. With a photo and words that summarize the trip, we are SO glad you enjoyed, Flaviu! That feeling of freedom and exploration of the beautiful Patagonia region puts a huge smile on lots of Riders' faces :)
- Nothing puts a bigger smile on our faces than comments like these from George Mulligan, on the heels of his "Self-Guided, Truck Supported Full Patagonia Adventure." Thanks again, George!
"We just returned last night from Rio de Janeiro where we spent the last week of our vacation. Our motorcycle trip was an incredible adventure. I have learned that riding on gravel can have many different meanings. Just when I thought I was getting really good at that, I had an intimate experience with an Argentinian ripio !
- Hal and Natasa from Canada booked well in advance for their motorcycle rental on a Self-Guided journey through Patagonia. Even a simple flat tire becomes a story and fond memory on these adventures, and we raise a glass of Chilean Carménère to you both!
- Even when plans changed, Henry Van Klaveren and his cousin Gertjan were still able to enjoy a "Self-Guided Fly & Ride The Patagonia Experience" trip! Glad you finished safely and with smiles, guys.
"Hey Eric, I wanted to tell you thank you for everything. We had a great time in Patagonia and everything went as planned thanks to your help.
- Ilay Avnin from Canada and his friend, Adam, were able to ride from Pucon to Punta Arenas, reporting back with a great experience overall! The route they chose is explained in the Self-Guided Fly & Ride the Patagonia Experience package.
- The spirit of solo motorcycle travel led Jake Szympruch from Oregon to Patagonia, and his Patagonia Motorcycle Rental Package sounds like it was the right choice. Jake, for that, we are glad you enjoyed! See you around Oregon :)
- There should be more room on these testimonials for photos! Jeff Yates captured some incredible shots on his Self-Guided "Fly & Ride Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego & Ushuaia!" motorcycle trip, and left us wanting more. Great mix of clouds and sun in Torres del Paine National Park. Glad you enjoyed, Jeff!
Eric it must have been difficult organising a big groups accommodation and etc but it all went smoothly with a great mix of places to stay and dinners provided.
Andres…whaaat? …thanks for taking care of all the day to day small problems that cropped up with the group, explaining patiently each days trip and always with a smile. It has been a pleasure to travel with you. And thanks for looking after Cheryl in the vehicle. She enjoyed the trip.
Rodriquez: good job keeping the bikes up to scratch."
- Jim Hoffmann from Australia was kind enough to share these words with our Staff just after his Self-Guided, Truck Supported Full Patagonia Adventure trip. Jim opted for the new Honda Africa Twin, a motorcycle getting great feedback from the adventure riding world. Glad you enjoyed, Jim!
Ride Bolivia: Self-Guided (Lowest Cost) Motorcycle Adventure Tours In Bolivia
If you're excited about riding in the mysterious land of Bolivia, the lowest cost way of having such a motorcycle trip is to do it self-guided!
The expensive world of motorcycle travel sometimes demands that we're careful with spending when possible. So if you're looking to save money, but still experience the very best riding Bolivia has to offer, why not just grab one of our motorcycles and follow an itinerary we put together for you? This "Do It Yourself" approach can mean you'll spend about half of what the guided tours cost, and perhaps add that certain sense of satisfaction that comes with the "Lone Wolf" spirit of adventure. With helpful services from RIDE Adventures, this is actually quite easy to accomplish.Contact us for more tour information.
How To Experience a Bolivia Motorcycle Trip on a Budget
Step 1: Contact Us and tell us how many days you’d like to travel, what type of riding terrain and scenery you’d like to experience, or any specific famous sites in Bolivia that you don’t want to miss, like:
- The Salar de Uyuni (Uyuni Salt Flat) which is the largest salt flat in the world, and can be ridden across in the dry season of June through November.
- “El Camino de la Muerte” which is “The Road of Death” or commonly referred to as “The World’s Most Dangerous Road” due to the high percentage of fatalities that have taken place here over the years. Don’t worry though, it’s perfectly possible to travel this incredible route safely, otherwise we surely wouldn’t even mention it as an option. (It’s the crazy and reckless drivers who don’t pay attention and drive at excessive speeds who perished here, so certainly you’ll be cautious and pay attention to the edge of the road!).
- Cities like La Paz, Sucre, Cochabamba, and Potosi are all within reach, and are host to features, architectures and histories well worth visiting.
- The Inca culture which is still definitely alive and present in the cuisine, clothing, and lifestyles of some people in this region.
Step 2: Choose Your Motorcycle from this list of options.
Step 3: Choose Add-On Options: We always offer information on the best routes, scenery, etc. if you can tell us more about what you’re interested in, and in most cases, we also offer hotel packages, GPS usage, and perhaps some other services like ferry bookings, etc. Be prepared to answer our questions about what else you want included, aside from just the motorcycle rental, insurance, and authorizations that we automatically arrange for you.
Step 4: Reserve everything you need through RIDE Adventures! – Payable to one of our accounts in the U.S., rest assured that you’ve booked your upcoming trip through an informed, reputable, reliable, and fun provider of travel services.
Chosen by adventure riders around the world, Suzuki's DR650, is an excellent bike for adventures rides anywhere. It'll maintain it's power well at altitude, and handle all the dirt and rocks you can throw it's way while still feeling comfortable on those stretches of pavement in between. With a seat height of only 885mm (34.8 inches) its accommodating stature makes this manageable machine easy to handle no matter what the situation.