Hey Adventure Motorcycle Riders, don't wait too long to book your Patagonia riding adventures!
While the 2012/13 riding season in Patagonia might sound like the distant future, bikes are booking up and hotels as well, so you'll have to act soon to reserve your motorcycle rental for the October through March season in Patagonia.
What route should you take, and where should you stay? It can be quite a daunting task, sifting through mountains of motorcycle adventure forums trying to see who recommends what. You can rely on RIDE Adventures for current information based on the year-round work we do in Patagonia, and if you prefer a pre-set itinerary with hotel reservations made in advance for you, we can help with that as well (see video below and the "Pros and Cons" about hotel reservation packages.)
Consider the advantages and disadvantages of a pre-reserved hotel package:
* Avoid wasting time searching for a hotel with availability every day of your journey
* Avoid wasting time searching for a hotel with availability and secure motorcycle/vehicle parking every day of your journey
* Enjoy some reassurance that you're staying in a hotel that has a good reputation/value/service/atmosphere
* Cost is approximately the same as arriving that day or pre-reserving yourself - (RIDE Adventures acts as a travel agency when consolidating a hotel package, and agencies typically get discounts off the public rates. Our "incentive" for offering this service is approximately just the difference or discount we get off the public price.)
* RIDE Adventures can provide for you, along with a specific hotel package and itinerary, the guide, maps, and notes described in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2uFXJOM_eQ A package like this is easy to follow, and helps ensure that you don't miss opportunities along the way.
* Focus on riding, exploring, and enjoying, and not wasting any precious time on your journey!
* Some travelers don't appreciate the feeling of having an "itinerary."
* If injury, illness, mechanical issues or other factors impede your progress on keeping up with the set hotel reservations, rights to those reservations might be lost. Hotels cannot always accommodate changes in reservations once within a certain proximity of your scheduled arrival date (due to lack of availability, etc.) NOTE: Itineraries typically include a "rest day" every 3-5 days. As such, falling off schedule by 1 day does not mean the entire remaining hotel package might be forfeited. For example, using an upcoming rest day to travel instead of rest can put you right back on schedule.