Another RIDE Adventures video has been posted, and it’s the first in the series “How to Pack for Your Motorcycle Trip.” This video is just Part 1 of what will be a 4-Part series, and talks about preparing the motorcycle, and mounting and securing your luggage for adventure tours.
If you’re short on time and just need the summary (shown at 5:34 in the video):
- The use of a waterproof bag should be more space-efficient, and if mounted properly, more durable than most topcases
- Definitely buy a larger bag than you might need, as you can always “cinch-down” the unused space
- If not already on your motorcycle, make sure you’ve bought or created a wide & strong mounting platform for mounting the travel bag on
- Bring a minimum of 4 strong clamping straps on any trip. Two straps will keep your bag secured, and 2 could be used to secure your motorcycle in the event you have a non-running motorcycle and need transport
- A safety cable and lock can protect both your baggage and motorcycle from theft, and help keep the bag from slipping down the back of your bike
- Always be VERY careful and sure that your baggage is securely strapped on and won’t slip off, as this can lead to a very dangerous situation!
The remaining parts of this video series will be launched soon, and the hope is that this information is of use to travelers that are embarking on their own bike, or one of the motorcycle rental options RIDE Adventures can set you up with!