(Above: It's dark in Redwood National Forest in Northern California, but that doesn't stop some motorcycle riders from trying to hug one of nature's most incredible giants!)
The season for motorcycle tours, rentals, and amazing adventures in the U.S. is upon us again!
With the summer riding season in the southern hemisphere winding down, motorcycle travelers are again focusing on riding plans for North America, Europe, and Asia. RIDE Adventures is proud to offer Kawasaki and BMW motorcycle rental options available for pickup across the west coast of the U.S., and help experienced riders with a thirst for a motorcycle travel getaway make it all happen.
If you haven’t been fortunate enough to travel the U.S. or Canada, and want some ideas on what areas make for the best riding, consider the American Motorcyclist Association’s recent “America’s 15 Best Motorcycling Roads” for motorcycle trips list:
(As cited in April 2011 American Motorcyclist Magazine)
15. Washington Route 129 and Oregon Route 3, Clarkston, Wash., to Enterprise, Oregon
14. Ohio Route 170, Calcutta to Poland
13. California Route 58, McKittrick to Santa Margarita
12. U.S. Route 33, Harrisonburg, Virginia to Seneca Rocks, West Virginia
11. Natchez Trace, from Natchez, Mississippi to Nashville, Tennessee
10. Angeles Crest Highway, California Route 2
9. U.S. Route 12, Lolo Pass, Idaho and Montana
8. California Route 36
7. Cherohala Skyway, North Carolina and Tennessee
6. Going to the Sun Road, Glacier National Park, Montana
5. California Route 1, Pacific Coast Highway
4. U.S. Route 550, from Ouray to Durango, Colorado
3. U.S. Route 129 -- The Tail of the Dragon -- on the North Carolina-Tennessee border
2. Blue Ridge Parkway, North Carolina
1. Beartooth Highway, Montana and Wyoming
Anyone of the motorcycle options we’re representing will be excellent for these routes, so it’s mostly about fitting the right motorcycle to the right rider. Have you been considering buying one of these bikes we have for rent? That list makes up 15 great opportunities to test ride a bike before buying it!